5.25.2008

School of Language

One Other Thing





I finally got around to buying the School of Language album, Sea from Shore, and I've been patting myself on the back ever since. This band is the project of Field Music's David Brewis, and pulls off familiar tricks of melody and meter, but with a slightly harder edge than his previous band. I'll be playing plenty more of it in the coming weeks. Now I just need some material from David's brother (and fellow Field Musician) Peter's seperate project The Week That Was, and I'll be set.

I ran across this video of School of Language playing their first single at the Cake Shop in NYC. Some damned good audio going on there, even if the shot is a bit janky. David was joined on this tour by bassist Doug McCombs (Tortoise), and drummer Ryan Rapsys (Euphone)


alstr

0 comments: